A professional and social organization whose purpose is to unify the members of the print and electronic media public relations and marketing community.
Our active membership consists of individuals engaged in buying, selling, creating, or producing advertising or those engaged in gathering, editing or reporting news or related fields. Associate memberships are by invitation of the Board of Directors only, and consist of newsmakers and community and business leaders.
The following shall be the Advertising & Press Club's main objectives, and shall guide all decisions made by the Board of Directors in oversight of the club's business.
1. To delight audiences and exceed patron expectations with Gridiron and the Annual Lake Area Legends Roast, while keeping costs to a minimum.
2. To thoroughly document the processes necessary to successfully stage the annual Gridiron show and the Lake Area Legends Roast.
3. To make the Ad & Press Club an organization that lives up to the desires of its membership, and to make Ad & Press Club meetings and events worth attending.
4. To make sure the Ad & Press Club utilizes the talents and creativity of its membership in a way that benefits the club.
5. To ensure the club's governing documents accurately reflect club practices, and that the club's governing body and membership use the documents as a guide when conducting club business.
6. To ensure that the oversight of club business is fairly and equitably divided among members of the Board of Directors, and that each member of the board fulfills the responsibilities entrusted to them.
7. To oversee the selection process for any and all Ad & Press Club scholarships presented to students of area educational institutions.
8. To incorporate various social activities throughout the year which encourages membership participation and promotes professional camaraderie.
9. To increase participation in community service projects.
10. To design and maintain a club website that is informative as well as provide another outlet for purchase of tickets for Gridiron and the Roast.
42nd Annual Gridiron
Join us on Saturday, July 19, 2014!
Gridiron, the annual night of skits, songs and laughter, is the show that the American
Press called the "Saturday Night Live" of Southwest Louisiana. It's a local tradition! The
fundraiser pokes fun at local and state newsmakers and the media through skits, songs,
monologues and videos. Proceeds from Gridiron benefit the Ad and Press Club
Scholarships at McNeese State University and Sowela Technical Community College.
Order Tickets Online:
Gridiron Individual Ticket - $60.00 each:
Gridiron - Table of 8 - $400.00 per table: